This page lists everything a Scout will need for the meetings, hikes or camps. This page is regularly updated so please keep checking to see if anything has changed.
Scout Kit List
- Full Uniform – Always to be worn when travelling to and from camps and meetings unless told otherwise.
Hiking Kit List
- Waterproofs (Jacket & trousers)
- Strong trousers – cord, track suit bottoms, or cotton/polyester combat-type
- Fleece or similar type coat. . The secret of keeping a constant comfortable body temperature is multiple thin layers which can added/removed as required, such as T-shirts, Sweat-shirts, fleeces, etc.
- Boots / strong shoes suitable for hill walking
- Torch & Spare Batteries
- Personal First Aid Kit, including insect repellent and sun cream
- Jumpers, Gloves, Warm Hat, Sun Hat
- Water Bottle
- Food as appropriate, eg. Lunch, Snacks
Camping Kit List
- Rucksack/Holdall – lined with a large polythene bag
- Sleeping Bag, ideally packed in a waterproof ‘stuff bag. Available from camping shops.
- Blanket / Pillow – not essential, but advisable
- Foam roll mat
- Shirts or ‘T’ shirts for activities
- Underclothes (one set per day)
- Socks (one pair per day)
- Towel(s) -2 would be good
- Washing Kit (Soap, Tooth Brush & Paste, Flannel, Comb, Brush, roll-on deodorant)
- Trainers / Pumps
- Extra old pair of trainers for water sports – where applicable
- Mug, Water Bottle
- Tea Towel
- Poly bag for dirty clothes
All kit should be marked with the owners name or Initials. The leaders cannot be responsible for items lost or mislaid by Scouts.
Items NOT allowed at camp or when walking / hiking are:
- Jeans / Denims (they get wet/cold easily and stay wet/cold)
- Radios, Cassette / Disc / MP3 Players etc.
- Electronic Games / Consoles
- Mobile Phones – except for safety reasons